Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Laurie Olerich
Number of pages: 448
Cover Artist: Angela Bauer
Amazon Kindle | Amazon Print
Bound by blood and flame...
Mica Thomas is not having a good year. First, her Primani Sean vanishes without a trace. Second, a sadistic demon wants to use her as leverage. Third, her totally unwanted powers are making her nuts. And then there’s Killian...his eyes hold secrets that confuse her and his every touch sends her blood racing out of control.
Killian has secrets--a lot of them. With Sean MIA, it’s up to him to keep Mica safe while her powers evolve. His protection takes a dangerous turn when she becomes a pawn in the game. Desperate to keep her alive, he drags her into his private world of ancient power and bloody altars with devastating consequences.
With their minds and bodies connected, is there room for Sean?
Guest Blog by author Laurie Olerich:
Call the Lightning is the second book in the Primani series. It’s an exciting urban fantasy romance that follows the tribulations and transformation of one young woman and the tight group of elite warriors charged with her journey to immortality. At times dark, at times light, full of twists, and steamy passion, the Primani series provides a new spin on an old concept. There’s a fine line between good and evil and no one is immune to temptation.
CTL is set a year after the end of Primani. Mica and the Primani are propelled from the snowy slopes of Vermont to the creepy underground world of Manhattan, hunting humans, demons, and the undead. The action is fast paced, the dialogue is sharp, and the romance is complex and sensual.
Fun Facts about the Primani World!
1. The word “primani” is Latin for soldiers of the first legion. My Primani are just that: Elite warriors whose mission is to keep the balance of good and evil on earth while they wait for Armageddon. They exist to give humans a fighting chance against demons and their chaos and destruction. They also get tasked to protect certain humans, like Mica, who have a role to play in the future.
2. Primani are immortal. They were once purely human super soldiers in their own time…whether Celts in Ireland or with Genghis Khan in Asia, they were a cut above the rest: lethal, ruthless, and intelligent. Each was handpicked by an archangel to become Primani. Raphael is Sean, Killian, and Declan’s maker.
3. The word “saol” means life. Their saol is their energy core, the source of their powers, the source of their supernatural weapons. Golden, liquid, and transferable, it’s sort of like an internal halo. It’s also useful for, uh, more delicate activities.
4. All Primani have psychic powers. Most had them while they were human though some were granted when they were made. Telepathy, teleporting, telekinesis are just a few. Many have healing abilities, mindreading skills, and premonitions. Killian is unique in this world. He is the last of a powerful line of priests that died out before the Bronze Age. Yes, he’s that old. His extraordinary powers come from his ancestors and he keeps them tightly leashed most of the time. Killian is the only one who can cross over astral planes, control lightning, and communicate with the ancient Gods in his temple. His story is told in Stone Angels.
5. Primani are bi-, tri-, quad-lingual. After all, they’ve been around a while. They tend to speak English since they’re living in America, but slip into Gaelic, Latin, Greek, and assorted dead languages when they’re frustrated or especially mad. Mica only speaks English--no one thought to add this skill to her list of powers. Maybe some day.
About the Author:
Laurie Olerich is the author of the new Primani series. Part urban fantasy, part romance, part paranormal...Three things she can’t live without! Laurie spent most of her life in the Northeastern United States and in Western Europe. She now lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her son and Dalmatian duo, Domino and Rambo. Desperate to escape the heat, she lives vicariously through Mica and her Primani by setting their adventures in the mountain coolness of New England and the rainy days of London. Before throwing caution to the wind and diving into a writing career, Laurie dedicated 20 years to her country by serving in the United States Air Force. Much of her time was spent around men with guns and cool toys...this explains her obsession with both.
Website | Twitter | Amazon | Blog
Tour wide giveaway:
A signed hard copy of Call the Lightning and a signed copy of the newest book in the series, Stone Angels.